Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Alton Telegraph - my latest article

My favorite thingsComments 0 Recommend 0
January 16, 2009 - 9:47 PM
By MELISSA FOX
I love this song from "The Sound of Music." Who doesn't like whiskers on kittens and warm woolen mittens?
I love reading about things other people like. I often read a certain book on the advice of others, or try a restaurant I've never been to before, watch a certain movie, buy a particular brand of an item - the list could go on. Since this is my last column of the rotation I thought I would list several of my favorite things, in no particular order:
- "The Office" on NBC, it's just plain funny
- El Mezcal in Bethalto, great service and great food each and EVERY time
- Marley & Me the book, I read it a few years ago and it still touches my heart
- Free samples from Wal-Mart.com
- Cherry ice-slushies from Burger King
- Blogging, http://everydaylifewithmj.blogspot.com
- Different slide shows on MSNBC.com
- Sudoku and Tetris
- Thesaurus.com
- Oral-B Pulsar toothbrushes, I thought they were the lazy man's way of brushing but not anymore. I don't think I'll ever go back to a regular toothbrush again, it really is that much better
- E-mailing friends daily fun facts found on the Internet
- "Highlights" children's magazine, I don't care that I'm almost 35. I love reading the stories
- Canned chocolate pudding, it's better than homemade
Now if we want to get into more of a personal nature of my favorite things I'd have to say these are my top picks that I recommend:
- Midnight walks on the beaches of Cancun hand in hand with your spouse
- Flavored hot tea
- Cuddling with pets in bed
- Big fluffy pillows
- Talking one-on-one with my children
- Eating breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day
- Scented candles and lotion
- Milk, any kind and any time
- Getting magazines in the mail
- Taking pictures in black and white
- Using coupons
- Trying new recipes
- Saying I love you to the people you love
Thanks for reading. I hope all of you think about your favorite things and remember to indulge in them, enjoy them and most of all share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
link to mba online programs site
online mba programs