Sunday, December 27, 2009

Post Christmas

I am so happy to report that Christmas was great! David had 3 days off and that in itself was a gift!

We spent Wednesday running around town in the pouring rain getting last minute gifts for my mom, my dad, and his girlfriend. When we were finally done we had a nice breakfast at IHOP. We talked and caught up and it was wonderful just being together! Later that night we watched A Christmas Carol and The Nativity.

Thursday I made everyone omelets for a late breakfast, we wrapped presents and then got ready to head to my sister's house for Christmas Eve dinner. The food was great! We decided to have a real meal instead of just appetizers and snacks. I brought twice baked potatoes and they were very yummy despite that I was rushed and in a hurry when I made them :P The evening was very nice except for the fact that one sister (and her husband and daughter) were missing due to the swine flu! :( What a bummer it was not having them there! The kids and the dads played Wii bowling and boxing. It was so touching watching them all have fun doing that! The men worked up a sweat :) After we got home we exchanged a few presents and then went to bed.

Christmas day we spent at home, just the four of us. The kids were very happy with all their presents, which was our main goal. Our boys are the best ever and we wanted to show our appreciation to them. We snacked on a few things and for dinner I roasted a chicken and we watched a movie. The whole day was everything I hopped it would be. It was warm and fuzzy and perfect and fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing about any of it!

Saturday David had to head back to work and the kids and I hit the mall in the late afternoon to see what kind of after Christmas deals we could find and actually, we didn't find much. Robert spent some Christmas money he got on a new coat but that was about it! It's crazy but even when some things are 50% off it's still not always worth it.

Today we were supposed to have a Christmas brunch with my dad in St. Louis but I was a no show because a mild snow storm moved in and at 9am the roads had still not been cleared. My mini van is our only real vehicle and I just could not risk something happening to it or to us! But of course, by 1pm all the roads were fine. Grrrr.

We don't have much planned for this week while the kids and I are all off work and school. Oh well, except now we do damage control for our checkbook for the next few weeks :P Ha, Ha. It was all worth it though.

We are also trying to stay healthy but it seems like we're always feeling like were on the verge of getting sick. We haven't gotten sick but we feel like we could very easily! It's so frustrating. If we're going to get sick I'd rather just do it now and get it over with then to feel border line sick for a week!

Right now it is after midnight now so I have to sleep. I'll start rambling soon if I don't!

I can't believe New Years Eve is this week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
link to mba online programs site
online mba programs