Sunday, December 13, 2009

It feels like cheating

Today I'm going shopping with my dad's girlfriend. She is more like my dad's wife and has been in his life for YEARS - even though him and my mom just divorced this past year.

It's complicated.


Part of me is super excited and looking forward to it but the other part of me feels like I'm cheating on my mom or something. It's hard to explain how I feel because it doesn't even make sense to me.

The majority of me feel like I shouldn't have anything to feel bad about.

But then there's the part of me that thinks "How would I feel if my mom was dating some guy and I found out that his daughter and her were going shopping and out for lunch together"?

I'm inclined to say I might have feelings about this.

So how could I expect my mom to be ok with me going out with my dad's girlfriend?

It all sounds dumb, I know - especially when I see it written down!

I don't like feeling like I'm doing something wrong. It bothers me a lot and it brings back bad memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
link to mba online programs site
online mba programs