Friday, November 27, 2009

Post Thanksgiving

GOOD!

Food - GOOD
Company - GOOD
Entertainment - GOOD
Nap - GOOD
Movie(My Sister's Keeper) - GOOD
Phone conversations for well wishes - GOOD

It was a wonderful day and we all enjoyed it. And we'll be enjoying left-overs tonight!

Wednesday evening we met my family in Edwardsville at a Mexican restaurant for dinner. The niece and nephew were home from college and we all had an excellent visit. Everyone was there except one sister and her family. It's sad that her and my father are still not speaking. It's been well over a year now, probably closer to two years. I somewhat understood the fight when it happened but now so much time has past that I'm surprised the issues haven't been resolved still. Life is too short for this. As Dr. Phil would say - the situation needs a hero and someone needs to step up. Unfortunately, the hero can only be one of them. Regardless though, it was an awesome time and everyone was laughing and talking and joking and just being together. It almost felt like a good commercial! I loved it and hope more of these moments happen in the future.

Well, I did not get out in the shopping crowds today. It seems like most of the big sales were either flat screen tvs or clothes - none of which are on my lists!

I got a Ford recall notice in the mail today. Something about a speed control deactivation switch being defective. I should be able to take it to a Ford dealership and have it fixed for free. Can you imagine? Work being done on my minivan for FREE? Nothing about fixing a vehicle is ever free! :)Woowho!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never realized that you got a Ford Recall in the mail! That happened because you're such a nice person an someone "up there" was doing something nice for you!

    ReplyDelete

 
link to mba online programs site
online mba programs